Once the Examination Committee has approved the revised MRP/Thesis/Dissertation, the following will occur:
School of Graduate Studies will send student a signed copy of:
· Certificate of Examination
Students must then submit to the School of Graduate Studies two USB keys with the following documents included:
- Author’s Declaration page (signed in the appropriate locations)
- Signed Nipissing University Non-Exclusive License form
- (Thesis or dissertation only) Signed Library and Archives Canada (LAC) Non-Exclusive License form
- MRP, thesis or dissertation
If required, students may have to include:
- Third party software licenses
- Letter of permission to reproduce copyrighted images, video, graphics, animation, data and images of individuals, if such images have been used and reproduced in the MRP, thesis or dissertation
- REB policy number and copy of final report (provided by REB)
The accepted order within the MRP/Thesis/Dissertation for the final submission is as follows:
- Title Page
- Certificate of Examination (provided by SGS)
- Acknowledgements (where applicable)
- Table of Contents
- List of Tables (where applicable)
- List of Plates (where applicable)
- List of Figures (where applicable)
- List of Appendices (where applicable)
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3 (and so forth)
The documents on the USB keys should appear in both:
- Adobe PDF/A* format and,
- Microsoft Word (If you work in Pages on a Mac, please convert your document to MS Word)
The PDF/A file is a format that is specialized for archiving and long term preservation and it differs from a standard PDF by prohibiting features that aren't suited to long term preservation such as font-linking and encryption. In essence it ensures that the document will be readable and reproducible in the future.
The MS Word file will be used by us simply as a backup means to create a PDF/A in the event that the original PDF/A file is corrupt or otherwise unreadable.
* How to save a file as a PDF/A from within Word.
- File --> Save As --> Save As Type = PDF
- Before leaving this window click on "Options" and ensure that "ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)" is selected.
Include supplemental files if any (image, video, audio, data sets). Do not use compression or password protection. The burden of the appearance of the document when it is accessed or printed is your responsibility.
Please note that students are NOT required to submit bound copies of their work.