Do you seek guidance or assistance with your written assignments?
Come to an academic writing clinic!
Academic writing instructors are available now for drop-in sessions until December 19th, 2018. Our writing clinics are designed to provide assistance related to the following areas of academic writing:
- Thesis statement
- Unity, coherence, and development
- Patterns of error
- Documentation styles
- Using secondary sources
- Developing an argument
|Onsite (Library - L329)||6:20 pm - 9:30 pm||12:30 pm - 3:30 pm|
|Online (Blackboard)||2:30 pm - 4:00 pm||2:30 pm - 4:00 pm|
Please Come Prepared
Due to the nature of the drop-in style session, you are advised to come prepared (i.e. bring a draft of your assignment or project including the assignment instructions provided). You should identify a particular area or selected areas that you would like to focus on during the appointment. Instructors will not provide any editing or proofreading services.
Accessing Online Drop-in Sessions
In order to access the online drop-in sessions, please follow the instructions below.
- Log into the Nipissing University single sign-on login page.
- If you do so via MyNipissing (https://my.nipissingu.ca), a page opens that presents you with Nipissing portal page. Select Go to Blackboard to open the Blackboard landing page.
- If you used the Blackboard link (https://learn.nipissingu.ca) instead of the MyNipissing link, logging in will send you to directly to the Blackboard landing page.
- Once logged in, copy this link and paste it into the address bar of your browser: https://learn.nipissingu.ca/webapps/blackboard/content/listContentEditable.jsp?content_id=_399765_1&course_id=_13515_1&mode=reset
- You will land on the page below. Click “+Enroll” at the bottom left of the menu bar
- The Self Enrolment page appears. Click the Submit button to continue.
- When you get the “Action Successful” message, click the blue Community link in the header.
- You will see “Online Writing Clinic” listed under My Organizations.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.