|POSITION TITLE:||Research Assistant – Dr. Kariuki|
|CLOSING DATE:||Open until filled|
|EMPLOYMENT DATES:||October 2018 to April 2019|
|HOURS OF WORK:||Average 10 hours per week|
|RATE OF PAY:||$14.00/hour plus Vacation Pay|
The student to be hired into this position will, after the necessary training, perform chemical-based reactions as directed by the supervisor. Procedures for the experiments to be carried out will be provided by the instructor. The student will also be expected to keep an organized record of the results obtained through the various experimental procedures and to also uphold a high standard of cleanliness in the lab (H204).
The position will assist with the following:
- Carry out solution-based experiments in the lab according to the procedures provided by the supervisor
- Read user-manual (or manuals) to get the know-how of the various equipment such as pH and the spec 20 housed in the lab works
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the lab (H204)
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Must apply and be approved for the NUWORK Program
- Should have high accuracy and precision in carrying out experiments as demonstrated by performance in the labs this far taken
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the job title and three (3) references to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nipissing University is an inclusive employer and will provide accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Please submit your letter of application and resume by: Open until filled