|POSITION TITLE:||Dibaadan Student Assistant|
|DEPARTMENT:||Student Counselling Services|
|CLOSING DATE:||Open until filled|
|EMPLOYMENT DATES:||September 2018 to April 2019|
|HOURS OF WORK:||Up to 10 hours per week|
|RATE OF PAY:||$14.00 per hour plus vacation pay as determined by HR policy|
- The Dibaadan Student Assistant assists the Student Counselling Services department with various programs, initiatives, and services which seek to support Indigenous students in achieving success and wellness at Nipissing University.
DUTIES INCLUDE: The Dibaadan Student Assistant will assist with:
- Assist with the developing, coordination, and facilitation of outreach programing for Indigenous student groups;
- Provide a youth engagement perspective on program development and design;
- Assisting with advertising and promotion of events / department services;
- Assist with clerical tasks for the department;
- Participate in Peer Educator training sessions
- Participate in safeTALK and MHFA training sessions (if available); and
- Other duties as assigned
- Must apply and be approved for the NUWORK Program
- Interest in Indigenous wellness & mental health
- Excellent level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork
- NU Student (2nd year and above) with good academic standing (cumulative average of 65% or higher)
- Ability to work with students across diverse educational, cultural, and social backgrounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- An understanding of trauma informed practice an asset
* By submitting an application to this position you are providing your consent for Student Development and Services staff to verify your student status and academic standing.
** Due to the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers Professional Practice Standards requiring professional and appropriate boundaries (OCSWSSW Principle 2.2.1) students who are currently receiving services from our program are not eligible for this position. We encourage these candidates to apply for other employment opportunities with Nipissing University.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter referencing the job title and three (3) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nipissing University is an inclusive employer and will provide accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Please submit your letter of application and resume by: Open until filled